Relapse Prevention Therapy at Hope Haven teaches individuals how to anticipate and cope with the temptations to relapse. It is a cornerstone of recovery and continued sobriety.
Clients learn the following relapse process and techniques of relapse prevention:
- Identify and cope effectively with high-risk situations such as negative emotional states, interpersonal conflict, and social pressure
- Cope with urges and cravings
- Implement damage control procedures during a lapse to minimize negative consequences
- Stay engaged in treatment even after a relapse
- Learn how to create a more balanced lifestyle